Beauty products that are helping me battle the Dubai heat…
No one could have prepared for the heat in Dubai, the sun is harsh and the humidity is high so I added some new products to my routine and I suggest you get this on your shopping list before heading off on your hols!
- Baz Luhrmann got it right when it came to importance of sun protection. I have been using Lancaster for a while and find it has the best texture and it smells of summer!
- I’ve been trying to use less heat on my hair and let it dry naturally so textured sprays like John Frieda sea salt spray are more go to for those lovely beach waves.
- The Chanel Hydra Beauty Essence Mist is one of the best things I bought this month. I use it in the mornings to wake my skin up and then in the afternoon when my complexion needs a boost. Definitely a good one for plane journeys!
- Moisture is key to great looking skin and I have seen good results from months of using By Terry Cellulose. It’s a little bit rich for daytime, but as a night cream it works well to recover your skin from sun exposure.
- I never used a makeup base but this one from Dolce & Gabbana has really helped keep my makeup stay in place.
- The Bourjois City Radiance foundation is more like a tinted moisturiser which is great as the last thing you need is a thick layer of makeup blocking your pores! Another one I have in my makeup bag is Chantecaille.
- I’m a bit of a fan of a cleaver tools and Bourjois came up with a wand that gives length when set straight and volume when twisted.
- Going from the heat to an air conditioned office had made my lips really dry which results in flakey lipstick, not a great look! The Bourjois Rouge Edition Soufflé de Velvet in 01 gives moisture and leaves a nice matte stain effect. When I don’t fancy a colour I opt for By Terry Bume De Rose in 7 Coral Stellar.
- Okay confession time, I love Hello Kitty! I even had a Hello Kitty email account and some of the toys so when I saw O.P.I new collection dedicated to this Japanese cat, I was sold! I always go for a neutral shades (the one in shot is Let’s Be Friend!) mainly because it’s less obvious when it starts to chip.
- A beach hat! I never tan my face, I rather use a bottle of fake tan than have my skin age prematurely.