10 thing you learn when living in Dubai…
I can’t believe it’s been over six months since we moved to Dubai! I do sometimes feel like I’m on some sort of gap year and real life is still waiting for me in London, however we are having a brilliant time and in these few months we found great jobs, met some amazing people and experienced many new things. And speaking of work, this look was shot for our manifest in the October issue of Emirates Woman so now my mum can be proud that I’ve made it into a magazine!
Everyone has their own Dubai experience but I wanted to share the top 10 things that I learnt so far:
- Sometimes it’s cheaper to order Deliveroo than buy groceries
- It’s really hard to find a good avocado, and when you do they can be expensive
- Premium seating in cinemas – cushions, blankets and food delivered to your huge reclining chair and all for virtually the same price of a standard ticket in central London
- But don’t expect any Fifty Shades of Grey, they cut naughty scenes and give films like Bridget Jone’s Baby an 18 certificate
- They have really good beauty bars that are much cheaper than in London (N.BAR is the best!)
- Every weekend is a beach weekend (check out One & Only Royal Mirage)
- And if beaches get tiring, there are waterparks and yacht trips
- Brunches are either amazing or a complete disaster – it all depends on your alcohol intake (next on our list is Zuma and Al Qasr)
- You can scuba dive in the aquariums (bucket list!)
- It’s impossible to get tired of looking at the Burj Khalifa- and I walk past it everyday!
So there you have it! I’ll be sure to update you in another 6 months but so far it’s been a blast and we can’t wait to have our closest friends over in December and show them around.
Have you ever been Dubai? What are your experiences?