My 8 tips to nailing the action shot…
One think that you might notice about my images is that I tend to do a lot of walking, what can I say, I like a good action shot! Sometimes it’s the best way to show off certain pieces and on top of that makes your hair look awesome too! A few bloggers have asked me how I capture movement so here are some of tips to rocking the walkway like a runway…
- You will take a 100 pictures and like only three of them but you just need the perfect ONE
- The speed of your walk depends on the camera you use – slow for mobile, decent pace with a good camera
- You don’t even have to walk! Just take one step forward and go back and forth on the same spot switching up where you look. You can also try stepping down a sidewalk
- Crossing the road looks great
- Walking away and looking back looks good too!
- Steps can be tricky as you tend to always look down, but practice makes perfect
- Use the wind to really make that scarf float behind you or give your hair that Beyoncé effect
- You can stride either straight across the shot or diagonally towards the camera. I don’t mind walking straight down the lense but find walking at an angle looks better
This is the first of my blogger tips series so if you have any questions or want me to do a post on something in particular, please leave a comment below!